Wine Regions - Coastal Region - District Paarl
3 important questions on Wine Regions - Coastal Region - District Paarl
District Paarl has a distinct ripeness and fuller body compared to District Stellenbosch. What are the main environmental reasons for this?
- It is warmer (north of Stellenbosch)
- Has many mesoclimates, soils and aspects
- Average rainfall 800-900mm, bit more than Stellenbosch (600-900mm)
- The Berg River provides irrigation water
The warm Paarl district in South Africa has a large number of varieties. Which are these?
- Chenin Blanc (most grown),
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Viognier and Mourvèdre on warmer sites
Name some famous producers of wine in the Paarl district South Africa.
- Nederburg, part of Distell
- Vilafonté for super premium wines.
- Ward Simonsberg-Paarl: Glen Carol and Plaisir de Merle.
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding