Attitudes - English versus British
3 important questions on Attitudes - English versus British
Give two examples of 'English culture'
1. Queueing: they form a que snake because they have developed self control. 2. Anti-intellectualism.
This means they have a suspicion of education and 'high culture'. Highly educated people are respected but do not have a high status in society. They do not proclaim their qualification or title to the world at large. Being a team player is important to especially working class people
English and British attitudes are almost the same, but there is one distinctive thing typical English. What is that?
What does the slang word "swot" mean?
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding