Germany - Principal Wine Regions - Rheingau
3 important questions on Germany - Principal Wine Regions - Rheingau
What makes Rheingau wine region in Germany so special?
Describe the growing and grape environment of Rheingau, Germany.
- Along the Rhine river, across from Rheinhessen
- Protected by Taunus Mountains, south facing vineyards
- Rhine is much wider - 1km across, moderating temps and reducing frost risk. Perfect for botrytis.
- White 86% planted. Riesling 78% alone. Mainly dry styles.
- In the west, Assmannshausen, famous for Spätburgunder (Höllenberg vineyard, steep south facing).
Name some famous vineyards and producers of the Rheingau.
- Hochheim in the east.
- Schloss Johannisberg
- Shcloss Vollrads
- Kloster Eberbach
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding