Barrier technology - Wetting behaviour - Rough and porous surfaces
3 important questions on Barrier technology - Wetting behaviour - Rough and porous surfaces
Why are rough surfaces more difficult to coat?
Rough surfaces are difficult to coat, how can that be improved?
- By adding a second coating layer of the same coating.
- By application of surfactants, the contact angle can be reduced sufficiently (below 90 degrees)
How can porous surfaces be useful in the formation of a coating?
The concentration of moisture in the sublayer will increase somewhat, which may have negative effects on its quality.
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding