Crystallization and matrix formation - Introduction
3 important questions on Crystallization and matrix formation - Introduction
What are the 2 major ways to solidify foods?
- Vitrification (glassy transition)
What is the difference between glassy and crystallisation?
Crystallisation --> partly crystalline. Molecules have to rearrange into an ordered structure, and generally can only form crystals with their own kind.
What is the difference between a first-order and second-order transition?
Second-order --> only changes the rate at which changes of properties take place, no re-ordering
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding