Preparation procedures - Ingredients - Lipids
3 important questions on Preparation procedures - Ingredients - Lipids
Are the mechanical properties of lipids good or bad?
Why are lipids suitable as barrier against moisture?
Many lipids are crystalline. What does that have an effect on?
- The extremely low solubility and diffusivity in crystals lead to a low overall permeability.
- The form and orientation of crystals can be important to the permeability behaviour: planar crystals oriented parallel to the surface act as individual layers in series. This leads to a much lower overall permeability.
- However, the higher the crystalline fraction, the poorer the mechanical properties are.
The question on the page originate from the summary of the following study material:
- A unique study and practice tool
- Never study anything twice again
- Get the grades you hope for
- 100% sure, 100% understanding